Guardian Interlock Ignition Interlock Device. Have us install your device in your vehicle at NAPA’s Premier Service Center | AAA Approved Auto Repair Marietta GA located at 1280 Powder Springs Rd SW Marietta GA 30064 Call: 770-428-2520
Ready to drive again? Need a Breath Alcohol Ignition Interlock Device? When it’s your time, give us a call at NAPA’s Premeir Service Center 770-428-2520 and we’ll install a top quality Guardian Interlock Ignition Interlock Device in your vehicle, give you instructions for proper use, be here to support when needed and calibrate your device monthly as required by the state of Georgia. We are here to help you get back on the road!
Maybe you are just curious about the Guardian Interlock Device and want to be informed, or are in the need of getting one installed, whether court ordered, or on a volunteer basis, we are here to help.
Guardian Interlock Systems was established in 1985, and is the largest manufacturer of Breath Alcohol Ignition Interlock Devices (BAIID’s). With well over 20 years of experience in the industry and more than 150 service centers in 26 states.
How the Guardian Interlock Ignition Interlock Device Operates:
The breath analyzer is attached to the ignition system of a vehicle, each time a participant starts his, or her vehicle they must first blow into the unit, the unit determines if the breath alcohol level is above or below the preset legal limit (.03BAC), if it is below the limit, the participant may start the vehicle. If it is above the limit, the unit prevents the vehicle from starting.
To Start Vehicle:
- Make sure the Ignition Key is in the off position.
- Make sure your mouthpiece is inserted into the Handset.
- Press and release the green or white button on top of the, Handset.
- The display will indicate “Warming UP, Please Wait, SERV # days”
- Wait for the display to indicate “Blow Now” (about 90 seconds). You have 30 seconds to begin the breath test. If you do not do so the unit will power down & you will need to begin again.
- Take a deep breath & “Blow”
- As you blow you will hear a humming noise
- Blow until a beep is heard. The green light on the button will go off as well.
- Immediately afterwards your system requires at the double beep an Inhale or suck.
- The display will change to “Inhale”
- Keep your mouth on mouthpiece, suck in or inhale for approx. 1 second.
- The display will indicate “Analyze “
- The display will change to “Pass Start Car.” If you were successful (you have 1 minute to start the car).
- If you were unsuccessful the display will immediately indicate the failure;
- Abort; not blowing hard enough, blowing too hard, or not blowing long enough.
- Fail; failed Breath test (alcohol present)
- The system will reset and allow you additional attempts and indicate “Blow Now”.
- After 3 failed test the system locks you out for 15 minutes and, displays “TEMP LOCK”
- Should the vehicle stall, you will have 2 minutes to restart the vehicle without having to deliver a new breath test.
Our design is the most advanced in the industry, it is compact, and with the easiest to understand operating instructions. Participants are fully trained upon each installation, there is also a toll free number in the event that you need technical support, our equipment is professionally installed, maintained and our technicians are state certified.
Go to the Georgia Department of Driver Services for more information regarding the rules and regulations on the ignition interlock program in Georgia.
When it comes to interlock devices Guardian Interlock is the proven leader in the field.
We are conveniently located at NAPA’s Premier Service Center in Marietta, Ga 30064 about two and a half miles west of the “Marietta Square,” which means that we can also take care of any
automotive needs, i.e. diagnostics, tune-ups, or any mayor repair work.
Let us install your Guardian Interlock Device in your vehicle at NAPA’s Premier Service Center | AAA Approved Auto Repair Marietta GA . Call: 770-428-2520
Guardian Interlock AMS2000 Ignition Interlock Device Features
The Guardian Interlock AMS2000 is the most developed and advanced design in the industry. Easy to understand operating instructions, combined with a compact design, make participants more apt to use the AMS2000 in a timely and accurate fashion.
Auto Calibration — Three alcohol samples are delivered to the unit, from which the device auto calibrates, eliminating the need for the service center to manually adjust device calibration.
Hum Tone — Requires the participant to hum into the device before taking the breath test. This helps thwart bogus air samples.
Blow/Inhale — Requires the participant to blow into the device and inhale before taking the breath test. This technique helps thwart bogus air samples.
On-Board Data Logger — A computer that records every interaction a participant has with his or her vehicle. Recorded interactions include activity, time, date, and BrAC level. The computer can store more than 12,000 separate events and display the content in a summary or detailed format.
Memo Minder — A service calendar that uses audio and visual reminders to count the days between required scheduled appointments. If the participant misses his or her appointment, the service calendar disables the interlock device, preventing the car from starting.
Circumvention Alarm — If the interlock device detects a bypass, or detects a failed rolling retest, the circumvention alarm will trigger the vehicle’s horn until the vehicle is turned off.
Rolling Retest — As a follow up to the initial breath test, this is the device’s primary defense against circumvention. The test can be set to occur at fixed or random intervals. If a participant fails the test, the circumvention alarm will sound.
Bypass Detection — An instrument that detects whether the vehicle is running. If a car is running, but the participant has not yet taken a breath test, the circumvention alarm will sound. The interlock device then enters a lockout state for a predetermined period.
Power Interrupt — A record of when the vehicle’s power has been disconnected or interrupted. This may occur if the participant tampers with the battery, repairs the battery, or replaces the battery. Participants are required to provide documentation of repairs.
Violations Reset — A function that contains features from the Data Logger and the Memo Minder. If the device detects a violation from one of these features, it will automatically reset the Memo Minder, requiring the participant to come in for early service.
Emergency Restart — In case of a vehicle stall, this feature allows the vehicle an emergency restart within one minute of shutdown.
Variable Driving Privilege (VDP) — This feature can restrict an offender’s driving abilities. It can be programmed to accept tests only during predetermined periods of the day.
Coordinated Breath Pulse Access (CBPA) — A series of pauses and breaths that must be completed after the initial breath test. This is an advanced method for identifying a bogus air sample.
AMS2000′ Advanced Features
- Compact Design
- Slightly larger than a standard cell phone
- Easy-to-hold hand set
- Compact size for space-restricted areas
- Accurate Readings
- Reliable data logging
- Events, such as long-idle data and
- Horn and light control, are captured in the handset.
- Enhanced anti-circumvention detection
- Refused rolling re-tests
- Long idle times
- Non-human breath sample attempts
- Filtered breath sample attempts
- Easy-connect USB capability allows for effortless downloading of events,without having to connect the base unit in the vehicle.
- A clear service reminder displays the number of days until service each time the interlock is turned on.
- Full training is provided to the participant upon each installation.
- Additionally, participants may call a toll-free number to access technical and service personnel.
Fred Gagnon – Owner
NAPA’s Premier Service Center
AAA Approved Auto Repair Marietta GA
1280 Powder Springs Rd SW
Marietta, GA 30064
View Larger Map